Chemical Peels are great facial treatments that will significantly improve and smooth the texture of your face by removing the damaged outer layers of your skin. Chemical peels have been proven to help treat sun damage, acne, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation or uneven coloring on your skin. Different Chemical Peels are used based on skin type and individual needs.
Chemical Peel Options:
TCA Chemical Peel
Trichloracetic acid is used to achieve a mild to medium-depth peel, removing dead skin cells and revealing glowing skin. This is our most popular resurfacing option for clients who wish to treat fine lines and wrinkles, acne, sun spots and skin texture irregularities. As with all chemical peels, there is some downtime associated with this treatment. In general, your skin will peel for approximately one week, at which point your youthful and undamaged skin will be apparent. Typically, our clients have TCA chemical peels a few times a year to maintain a perpetually glowing complexion. And we can customize this for our guests to treat all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Jessner’s Chemical Peel
One of our most popular and effective treatments, Jessner’s Peel is particularly helpful for acne-prone clients who have thick and/or oily skin. This is because it combines the power of lactic acid, salicylic acid, citric acid and kojic acid to deeply penetrate the surface of the skin and exfoliate the outer layer of cells. In the three to four days after your treatment, your skin will produce noticeable flaking and exfoliation, and within one week, smoother, clearer and healthier skin will be revealed.
Medical Grade TCA Peel
Another popular treatment, this TCA peel is similar to our regular PCA peel but is a higher strength TCA peel which is MD/RN administered. THis peel is ideal for clients with rough or thick skin texture, photodamage, skin laxity, uneven skin tone, and signs of aging.
Enzyme Treatment (a Peel Alternative)
A host of botanical extracts, enzymes, and antioxidants provide unparalleled anti-inflammatory benefits for glowing skin. Improves texture and strengthens the skin for a healthy looking complexion with gentle yet powerful enzymatic and AHA exfoliation. Great for discoloration, aging, and acne.
What Conditions Do Chemical Peels Treat?
Chemical peels have been proven to:
- Improve the texture and appearance of skin
- Reduce lines and wrinkles under the eyes and mouth area
- Can help treat sun damage
- Improves fine lines/wrinkles
- Can help lessen the appearance of acne scars
- Proven to help control acne breakouts
- Reduce age spots, freckles and dark spots from pregnancy also known as a condition called melasma.
Is a Chemical Peel Right for Me?
If you are looking to improve the texture and appearance of your skin due to damage from aging, the sun, acne, acne scarring, or dark spots from pregnancy, you are a good candidate for a face peel.
Who is NOT a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
You are NOT a good candidate for a chemical peel if any of the following apply at the peel site:
- Infection or disease
- Cut or broken skin
- Currently have an active Herpes simplex 1 sore
- If you are nursing or pregnant
- If you have taken Accutane in the last 6 months
- If you use Retin A, Renova, or retinol skin treatments or any other skin lightening treatments (must be discontinued 2 weeks prior to any chemical peel)
- If you currently have Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis or Rosacea.