The sun, the environment, and the aging process can have a significant effect on your skin. Many people report dull, loose, and aging skin on their face. While the aging process, environmental effects, and sun damage are normal, treatments like Clear + Brilliant that can help.
If your skin has a rough texture or has some fine lines, Clear + Brilliant can help smooth those lines and texture. It helps minimize the appearance of large pores. It helps fade hyperpigmentation from acne marks or dark spots. It helps treat early signs of aging and improve overall skin health.
Clear + Brilliant is an advanced laser technology designed to microscopically remove dead skin cells on the upper skin layer. It replaces dull, damaged, and dead skin cells with healthy, younger skin cells. The removal of those cells results in younger-looking skin that radiates and glows. The removal of those skin cells is referred to as skin resurfacing.
- Avoid the sun at least two weeks before your treatment
- Speak with your provider about stopping retinol and AHA’s/BHA’s (eg: glycolic acid and salicylic acid) at least five days before your treatment
- If you are taking the brand Accutane, also known as Isotretinoin, you must stop for at least six months before receiving a Clear + Brilliant treatment. Speak with your provider to ensure you understand this.
- If you are prone to fever blisters or have ever had a herpes breakout, speak to your provider about possibly taking Valtrex Rx in advance of your treatment to prevent a possible outbreak
As with all laser skin resurfacing treatments, you need to take care of your skin after your treatment too! Right after treatment, some people report they feel like they got a bad sunburn. By the next day, your skin will probably be pink and feel dry. By the third day, the redness will likely be gone, but you may feel like the skin has a sandpaper feel. This is your body shedding those dead skin cells. Some good hydrating moisturizer should help with that. By day four, you should expect glowing skin.
- Stay out of the sun
- Wear 50spf sunscreen
- Avoid exercise for 1-2 days (this can be hard for those of us that love to work out!)
- Keep your skin cool with icepacks
- Do not use anything that will exfoliate your skin (eg: Retinol, glycolic acid, salicylic acid)
- Use gentle skincare products, mild cleansers, and moisturizers recommended by your provider
- Keep your own hands off your skin. NO Picking!
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Clear + Brilliant requires a series of four to six treatments. Each treatment takes approximately 30 minutes (appointment times vary). Some clinics offer 15-minute treatments. These shorter treatments will not get the same results as our treatments.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE TREATMENT?
While you will start to see results approximately two weeks after your first treatment, you will not see the final results until approximately two weeks after your fourth to sixth treatment.
HOW LONG WILL RESULTS LAST?
To keep those results, and maintain your investment after your series, you should include Clear + Brilliant as a part of your ongoing routine. Speak with your provider about what other treatments can complement a Clear + Brilliant procedure. Fillers, Tox, Hydrafacials, Chemical Peels, and Radio Frequency may be treatments to consider, depending on your goals and your treatment plan.
HOW CAN I SAVE ON TREATMENTS?
Naya offers up to 20% off per treatment for our members, along with generous discounts on all other services. Check out our membership options here!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLEAR + BRILLIANT AND FRAXEL?
Both are lasers, but Clear + Brillant has been described as Fraxel’s baby sister. It is a gentle skin resurfacing laser that is effective on most skin types.
Please discuss any additional concerns that you have about undergoing this procedure with Naya Spa and your primary care physician prior to treatment.